Monday, September 19, 2011

Paint Job!






I never bring my board to the shop to get it repaired because they usually tell me they can get it back to me in a month or so. A month? I don't think so. Luckily, my craftsmanship is improving, albeit slowly. The third pic shows a repair done to a scratched-up section of the rail. The fourth shows a repair done near the nose.  There was actually a deep gash there that was letting water in.  I had to cut out a rectangle approximately 2" x 1/4" x 1/8" deep (see the darker section) and scoop out the rotted foam. Considering, I'm pretty happy with the repair. Not pro, but not hack, either. I think old Norm would be proud.

After the repairs were done I felt like my board needed a little pick-me-up, so I gave it a bit of a paint job!

No comments:

Post a Comment